Microdermabrasion is actually a simple procedure to remove the skin’s dead cells from its top layer so it can improve hyperpigmentation and overall skin texture. Find out what the benefits of microdermabrasion are in this article.
Microdermabrasion is a popular dermatology treatment in the U.S. which people with relatively minor skin issues and pre-mature aging signs choose over an invasive procedure like surgery or a chemical-induced solution like a chemical peel.
The comparatively inexpensive cost is also one of the many benefits of microdermabrasion that people appreciate.
Does Microdermabrasion Work?
When you begin using microdermabrasion regularly, you will soon notice several positive changes primarily because the removal of the dead cells of your skin will clean it thoroughly..
This immediately unclogs pores full of excess oil that can lead to the development of acne and infection which, in turn, can result in scarring.
Incidentally, microdermabrasion for scars may also be done if they are superficial
Microdermabrasion helps in the stimulation of healthy cells in order to increase their production of collagen which is one of the body’s major proteins.
Similar to the threads in a fabric, collagen fibers are arranged like a weave and form a kind of framework where new cells grow into. Collagen provides skin with shape, resiliency, and texture by supporting its physical and cellular structures.
What Is The Best Microdermabrasion Machine ?
As mentioned, microdermabrasion done on a regular basis can do wonders for the skin but going to a doctor or aesthetician for it can be time-consuming, inconvenient, and can accumulate in costs not only for the procedure itself but for the incidental expenses you incur such as transportation or gas fare, any refreshments you might take, etc. The most ideal microdermabrasion is the one you can do in the comfort of your own home.
The best microdermabrasion at home requires having a good quality machine which will serve your particular needs. The operative words are “good quality” because an inferior product will prove to be unsatisfactory in its performance and will not deliver the benefits of microdermabrasion to you. A good quality machine can perform microdermabrasion exceedingly well enough to yield results such as:
- Fade age spots: stimulating your skin through microdermabrasion enables it to get rid of old, dead, damaged or dying cells to make way for new ones, meaning the dark pigmentation that occurs in aging skin, a.k.a. “age spots,” can fade and lighten or go away altogether. Repeated treatments, though, are necessary to obtain visible results.
- Reduce damage caused by the sun: excessive exposure to the sun leads to pre-mature skin aging that causes wrinkles, sun spots, and skin discoloration. Microdermabrasion can even out skin tone by halting its discoloration, hydrate the skin to keep it from drying, and retain skin moisture to prevent wrinkles and fine lines from developing.
- Prevent the appearance of large pores: while large pores cannot be permanently shrunk, the best at home microdermabrasion machine will be able to reduce their prominence such as cleansing them of excess oil, dirt, and other debris. When these accumulate in already large pores, they make the pores’ diameters expand to give them a wider appearance.
- Treat existing acne and prevents future breakouts: clogged pores are a major cause of acne breakouts which good microdermabrasion sessions can prevent. By cleaning the skin’s pores of trapped dirt, excess oil, and dead cells, microdermabrasion helps not only clean but clear the skin to keep blackheads and pimples from forming or worsening as acne.
- Lighten scars and discoloration: microdermabrasion for acne scars involves lightening and making them “blend” into the complexion. Note, however, that only mild and superficial acne scars, pick marks, raised scars, and mild skin discoloration from acne can be treated with microdermabrasion. Deeper scars and pock marks should be treated with dermabrasion or laser resurfacing.
- Make skin smoother: regular microdermabrasion results in smoother skin that can absorb makeup and other skin care products better because of the removal of dead cells that tend to block the skin’s surface. Regular microdermabrasion costs a lot of money but with the best home microdermabrasion, you can do the procedure without having to go to a doctor or aesthetician as often, if at all.
- Improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles: microdermabrasion removes the skin’s stratum cornium, one of the skin’s five outermost layers, to reveal the younger, healthier, and newer cells underneath the skin. Regular microdermabrasion is required to make the skin increase its production of collagen that slows down the formation of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Microdermabrasion for stretch marks: these marks form directly underneath the dermis, not on its surface, the reason why microdermabrasion may not be 100% effective for stretch marks. The procedure can, however, bring the skin surrounding these stretch marks to a level that comes closest to their appearance and make them less visible.
- Revitalize dull skin: microdermabrasion exfoliates the skin’s dead cells to allow new ones to emerge. Unlike other forms of exfoliations, microdermabrasion is typically painless. Because its use does not involve chemicals, it also will not cause allergic reactions. Moreover, exfoliation using microdermabrasion yields faster results than chemical peels.
Microdermabrasion Has to Be Done Regularly
All of the mentioned microdermabrasion benefits do not come with sporadic or irregular microdermabrasion treatments; these have to be consistently done in order to yield maximum results. You have to be consistent by either going to a dermatologist or an aesthetician to have microdermabrasion done. With the availability of home machines, however, you can now do microdermabrasion at home whenever you want or need it.
Home microdermabrasion treatments are obviously less expensive than those at a medical clinic or spa. These are also more convenient because you don’t have to commute or drive to either treatment facility. You can also do microdermabrasion at your most convenient time without setting an appointment or queuing for your turn. Your best option is to get the best microdermabrasion machine at home.
What is Diamond Microdermabrasion?
A typical home microdermabrasion system uses very fine crystals and will include a pump, a hand piece, a vacuum, and a connecting tube. The pump will create a stream of crystals – usually sodium bicarbonate, aluminum oxide, sodium chloride, and magnesium oxide – with high pressure to abrade your skin and the vacuum removes the used crystals and the skin cells which have been exfoliated.
The crystals may be replaced by the use of a wand with a roughened tip surface. Unlike crystal microdermabrasion, the diamond tip microdermabrasion system does not use any kind of crystals, meaning there is no chance that the user can inhale the crystals or get them blown into their eyes while the procedure is being done. This makes diamond microdermabrasion safer for use on areas like the eyes and the lips.
The slower the hand piece movement is against your skin and the more passes it does over it, the deeper and more effective the treatment will be. If you have been on the lookout for the best microdermabrasion machine at home system, the MicrodermMD device might be worth your while. This revolutionary device by Trophy Skin can provide you with five exfoliation levels of professional quality.
How Does It Work?
The MicrodermMD has a wand with a natural diamond tip that you apply to your skin to penetrate all five layers of your outer dermis to rejuvenate elastin and collagen and give you skin that is smoother, healthier, more radiant, and younger looking. With regular use – five to ten minutes of treatment thrice or four times a week – this microdermabrasion system can:
- Lighten age spots and liver spots and gradually fade skin discoloration.
- Even out skin tone.
- Improve the appearance of sun-damaged areas.
- Fade acne scars.
- Diminish superficial wrinkles and fine lines.
- Treat active existing acne.
- Unclog pores of dirt, excess oil, and debris and decrease the prominence of enlarged pores.
- Prevent blackheads from forming.
- Smooth the skin’s surface for better absorption of other skin care products including makeup and moisturizers.
What Makes This Product Stand Out?
There are many features which make the MicrodermMD system stand out among other similarly-purposed microdermabrasion treatments in its class:
- It does not make use of any chemicals to perform exfoliation or skin peeling.
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved it safe for use.
- It is 100% free from inert crystals.
- The exfoliating wand has a natural diamond tip for precise skin peeling.
- Its suction motor is of medical grade quality for five different levels of exfoliation.
- It includes a cleaning brush for the diamond-tipped wand.
- A hundred filters come with each purchase.
- The product uses the same therapy of dual action used in medical clinics.
- It has a built-in mirror for added convenience while traveling.
- This product is easy to clean.
- The diamond-tipped wand is hypoallergenic.
- It comes with an instruction manual instead of the typical two-paged literature.
- Its diamond-tipped wand can be used on the neck, hands, chest, arms, and feet.
- It is effective in reducing the appearance of shallow scars and stretch marks.
- Real diamond is used in the wand to prevent skin irritation.
The Same Successful Results You Expect from a Dermatologist or Aesthetician
There is only one way for you to enjoy the benefits provided by microdermabrasion and that is to have the treatment regularly. While this will prove expensive elsewhere, it won’t be if it is done in your own home. With the MicrodermMD system, you can maintain healthy, glowing, clear, and younger-looking skin on a long-term basis at a fraction of the cost of a weekly microdermabrasion.
Enjoy the benefits of microdermabrasion with the MicrodermMD any time you want for less cost in your home. This product will give you the same successful results you would expect if the procedure was done by a dermatologist or licensed aesthetician. Check out the official MicrodermMD website for more information on how it works, FAQs, and customer service.